Get Motivated And Get Outdoors This Summers
by Darren Round on Dec 17, 2014
Summer’s here. The sun is shining. There’s something about the season of summer that promotes a kick start to your health regime.
The heat certainly helps to inhibit the appetite a little. Or maybe it’s the thought of having to fit into your swimsuit again. Maybe it’s the thought of eating all the wonderful festive season food, and the subsequent realisation that you need to stay on top of your health. Or perhaps it’s the sunshine and the holiday breaks.
Whatever your inspiration, summer is a great season to set yourself that goal of keeping fit or getting healthy over the Christmas/New Year period.
With the increase in sunshine and warmer temperatures, why not enjoy some time outdoors? Kick a ball, go for a walk, ride a bike, take a bushwalk, go for a swim... You don’t need to put money into an indoor gym membership when summer is here. With longer hours of daylight, you can take advantage of an early morning swim or maybe a late afternoon bike ride. Or if you want something a little more structured over summer, perhaps you could make it a goal to join a morning boot camp?
Whatever the activity, summer is the perfect season to think about setting up a ‘get fit or get healthy’ goal, and tackling it.
Motivational quotes to get you off the couch
On those days when you’re feeling a little lazy, or if you’re still recovering from a festive night out, you might need a little extra push to get you going. Here are some motivational quotes you can stick up on your wall or fridge, to encourage you to get off the couch and out into the sunshine.
- You're only one workout away from a good mood.
- You only regret the workouts you don't do.
- We do not stop exercising because we grow old - we grow old because we stop exercising.
- The only disability in life is a bad attitude.
- You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow, your choice.
- The difference between who you are and who you want to be, is what you do .
- Stop waiting for things to happen. Go out and make them happen.
- Exercise is like an addiction. Once you're in it, you feel like your body needs it.
- Either you run the day or the day runs you.
- I don’t work out because I hate my body, I work out because I love it.
For those times you’ve already adopted an exercise regime but are finding it a little hard to keep going, remember these quotes when you’re feeling a little burnt out:
- Your legs are not giving out. Your head is giving up. Keep going.
- You've only got 3 choices in life: Give up, give in, or give it all you've got.
- You will never know your limits unless you push yourself to them.
- What did you do today to bring you one step closer to your goal?
- The body achieves what the mind believes.
- Sore? Tired? Out of breath? Good, it's working.
- Strive for progress, not perfection.
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
- Limitations exist only if you let them.
- A goal without a plan is just a wish.
You can sit around and dream about your goals, or you can set out to achieve them. These quotes exist to hopefully inspire you on those lazier days. Ultimately, motivation is what gets you started but habit is what keeps you going. Take advantage of summer motivation this year and set up a habit of a healthier, fitter lifestyle.