You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Garmin Approach S6 is a slim, lightweight, feature-packed hi-resolution colour touchscreen GPS golf watch with first-of-its-kind swing metrics.
Garmin S6 - First-of-its Kind GPS Technology in Our Slimmest, Lightest Golf Watch
- Features swing metrics: SwingTempo, TempoTraining and SwingStrength™
- Dedicated CourseView button with Green View for manual pin positioning
- PinPointer blind shot assistance tells you where the pin is, even if you can’t see it
- Touchscreen, high-resolution, glove-friendly
- Precise distances for more than 30,000 international courses; no subscriptions or fees
Use S6 to train your swing with swing metrics, featuring SwingTempo and TempoTraining. SwingTempo measures the relationship between upswing and downswing and expresses it as a ratio. In studies of successful golf swings, an ideal ratio of 3:1 has emerged, even with individual variations of speed. TempoTraining uses the 3:1 ratio and gives you audible tones to synchronise your swing mechanics and fine-tune swing tempo. Which makes S6 as valuable on the driving range as it is on the course.
CourseView Full Colour Maps
S6 features full-colour course views for more than 30,000 international courses and a dedicated CourseView button to get you to the second shot view quickly. Preview doglegs, traps and water hazards and pin positioning from wherever you are on the course, or clubhouse.
The PinPointer blind shot assistance feature — previously only available in our top-of-the-line handhelds — gives you a directional arrow to the green. Now you can know where to line up your shot, even if you are in the woods or deep in a trap.
Touch and Move the Pin
Green View shows you the true shape and layout of the green even if you are behind it. Use the color touchscreen to manually drag-and-drop the pin to the day’s location. As you move the pin, your distance-to-the-pin numbers will change respectively. This is especially helpful on par 3’s where you’ll be able to dial in the distance you need to fire away with confidence.
Instant, Simple and Precise
Rugged and water rated to 5 ATM (50 metres), it displays yardages to the front, back and middle of greens on a high-resolution, glove-friendly colour touchscreen. And, it lets you manually position pins, get distances to doglegs and layups, customise yardage points (mark traps and hazards) and print digital scorecards for Stroke play and Stableford.
Never miss another text, email or alert just because your smartphone is deep in your bag. S6 acts as a wireless extension of your iPad® or iPhone® 4s or later, displaying whatever your device does, right on your watch. Now you can read that email or text you’ve been waiting for, via Bluetooth®, even in the middle of the fairway.
Longer Life Battery
S6 features more battery life for longer play or more rounds. Easily get in a weekend of GPS golf with up to 10 hours in full GPS and up to 20 weeks, depending on mode, before the lithium-ion battery needs to be recharged.
Preloaded Courses and Free Updates
The S6 may be our lightest, thinnest golf watch, but we've preloaded it with more than 30,000 international courses — without extra fees or paid subscriptions. In addition, you'll be able to download free course updates whenever they become available.
S6 gives you distances to the front, back and center of the green, as well as distances to doglegs. It also allows you to input and save customizable yardage points — such as water hazards or bunkers — from anywhere on the course.
Keep Handicaps, Scores and Measure Shots
S6 has handicap scoring options for individual holes, player’s local handicap or index/slope method. Scoring options include Stroke play and Stableford, and you can save, review, share and print scorecards from your computer. Plus, when you hit a big one you can see how far it went with the Measure Shot feature.
Garmin Connect™ Golf
Garmin Connect is the online golf community that lets you play, then share and compare. Download your round and contrast it to your last round, track improvements to your handicap for every course you play. Garmin Connect Golf can even assemble your ideal round combining your best score for each hole to get your ideal 18 for that course.
An Everyday Watch With Style
By the way, the S6 even tells you the time. S6 features an odometer to see how far you walk. A round timer also is included to keep track of how long it takes you to play 18 holes.
Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. iPhone and iPod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Garmin Approach S6 GPS Golf Watch Specifications
Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions: 1.8" x 1.8" x 0.56" x (4.5 cm x 4.5 x 1.42 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 1.0" (2.54 cm) diameter
- Display resolution, WxH: 180 x 180 pixels
- Display type: High-res color touchscreen
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Color display: Yes
- Weight: 1.6 oz (46.6 g)
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: 20 weeks (watch mode); 10 hours (GPS mode)
- Water rating: 5 ATM (50 meters)
- GPS-enabled: Yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Interface: USB
- Smart notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone): Yes
Maps & Memory
- Course maps: 38,000 (preloaded)
- Touch-targeting (touch target on display to see the distance to any point): Yes
- Manual pin positioning (tap and drag flag on green for precise yardage): Yes
- Measures shot distance (calculates exact yardage for shots from anywhere on course): Yes
- Yardage to F/M/B (distance to front, middle and back of green): Yes
- Yardage to layups/doglegs: Yes
- PinPointer: Yes
- SwingTempo (measures backswing and downswing times as a ratio): Yes
- TempoTraining (audible tones convey ideal 3:1 backswing to downswing ratio): Yes
- SwingStrength™ (measures how hard you swing): Yes
- Tracks stats (putts per round, greens & fairways hit, average distance): Yes
- Digital scorecard: yes (scoring options include Stroke Play and Stableford for a single player)
- Computer scorecard review (save and review scores on computer): Yes
- Save locations (mark course points of interest for future reference): Yes
- Dedicated GreenView button: yes
In the Box - Garmin Approach S6 Golf Watch
- Approach S6
- Charging/Data clip