The Garmin Montana 610 features a bold, colour touchscreen, dual-orientation display and includes a 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription. It also supports multiple mapping options like BlueChart® g2 and TOPO Australia and New Zealand.
This outdoor handheld includes 3-axis tilt-compensated compass, barometric altimeter and access to both GPS and GLONASS satellites for improved positioning and typically faster fixes.
- Big, Tough GPS/GLONASS with Birdseye Subscription
- 4-inch dual-orientation, glove-friendly touchscreen display
- Tracks both GPS and GLONASS satellites
- 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription
- 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
See the Big View
Montana 610 features a 4-inch, sunlight-readable touchscreen display that offers crystal clear, enhanced colors and high-resolution images. Its easy-to-use interface means you’ll spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time searching for information.
With an array of compatible mounts, Montana 610 is designed for use on ATVs, in boats, as a handheld or in your car. Use the auto mount with City Navigator® NT maps for spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV.
Adding more maps to Montana is easy. Plug in BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water, or load City Navigator map data for turn-by-turn driving directions. Add satellite images to your maps with BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (1-year subscription included). Or, transform paper maps into files you can download to your Montana with Custom Maps.
With Montana 610, you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users. Just press “send” to transfer your information to similar devices and let the games begin.
Keep Your Fix
With its high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS reception, WAAS-enabled receiver and HotFix® satellite prediction, Montana 610 locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains it. Whether you’re in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, count on Montana to help you find your way when you need it most.
Navigate with Ease
Montana 610 has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even while you’re on the move or not holding it level. The barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, or use it to plot barometric pressure over time to help keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Double Your Power
With a one-of-a-kind dual battery system, the 610 gives you the option of using the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries.
Montana 610 supports paperless geocaching GPX files for straight-to-device uploading of geocaches from Geocaching.com. No more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs, Montana stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions. The track manager feature helps organize and navigate through waypoints/routes/ and track logs (easily start/stop recording tracklogs).
Plan Your Next Trip
Our free BaseCamp™ software lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventures that you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles.
Physical & Performance
Physical dimensions: 2.9" x 5.7" x 1.4" (7.48 x 14.42 x 3.64 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 2"W x 3.5"H (5.06 x 8.93 cm); 4" diag (10.2 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 272 x 480 pixels
- Display typeL: bright, transflective 65k color TFT, dual-orientation touchscreen; sunlight readable
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Weight: 10.2 oz (289 g) with included lithium-ion battery pack; 11.7 oz (333 g) with 3 AA batteries (not included)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion (included) or 3 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life: up to 16 hours (lithium-ion); up to 22 hours (AA batteries)
- Water rating: IPX7
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Interface: high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Barometric altimeter: Yes
- Electronic compass: Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): Yes
Maps & Memory
- Basemap: Yes
- Ability to add maps: Yes
- Built-in memory: 4 GB
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 4000
- Routes: 200
- Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Geocaching-friendly: Yes (Paperless)
- Custom maps compatible: Yes
- Hunt/fish calendar: Yes
- Sun and moon information: Yes
- Tide tables: Yes (with optional Bluechart)
- Area calculation: Yes
- Picture viewer: Yes
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): Yes
In The Box – Garmin Montana 610
- Montana 610
- Lithium-ion battery pack
- USB cable
- AC charger