The Garmin Montana 680t features a dual-orientation, colour touchscreen that’s glove friendly, comes preloaded with Australia and New Zealand TOPO maps and includes a 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription. The digital camera provides high-quality images, excellent resolution and automatically geotags photos with coordinates.
The handheld includes 3-axis tilt-compensated compass, barometric altimeter and access to both GPS and GLONASS satellites for improved positioning and typically faster fixes.
- 4-inch dual-orientation, glove-friendly touchscreen display
- 8 megapixel autofocus camera; automatically geotags photos
- Tracks both GPS and GLONASS satellites
- Preloaded Australia and New Zealand TOPO maps; includes 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription
- 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
Enjoy the View
Montana 680t has a vast 4-inch, sunlight-readable touchscreen display, giving you vivid colors and high-resolution images. Its easy-to-use touchscreen means you’ll spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time searching for information.
Take Geotagged Pictures
Capture locations and memories with Montana 680t’s 8 megapixel digital camera. Each photo is automatically geotagged with coordinates, allowing you to navigate back to that exact spot in the future. Keep track of your photos and see their locations on a map using BaseCamp™. Insert a microSD™ card for more photo storage or to view pictures from other devices.
With an array of compatible mounts, Montana 680t is designed for use on ATVs, in boats, as a handheld or in your car or RV. Use the auto mount with City Navigator® NT maps for spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV.
Adding more maps to Montana is easy. Plug in BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a day on the water or load City Navigator map data for turn-by-turn driving directions. Add satellite images to your maps with BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (1-year subscription included). Or, transform paper maps into files you can download to your Montana with Custom Maps.
With Montana 680t, you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users. Just press “send” to transfer your information to similar devices and let the games begin.
Keep Your Fix
With its high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS reception, WAAS-enabled receiver and HotFix® satellite prediction, Montana 680t locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains it. Whether you’re in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on Montana 680t.
Navigate with Ease
Montana 680t has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even while you’re on the move or not holding it level. The barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, or use it to plot barometric pressure over time to help keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Double Your Power
With a one-of-a-kind dual battery system, the 680t gives you the option of using the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries.
The 680t supports paperless geocaching GPX files for straight-to-device uploading of geocaches from Geocaching.com. No more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs, Montana 680t stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions. The track manager feature helps organize and navigate through waypoints, routes and track logs (easily start/stop recording tracklogs).
Plan Your Next Trip
Our free BaseCamp software lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventures that you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles.
Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions: 2.9" x 5.7" x 1.4" (7.48 x 14.42 x 3.64 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 2"W x 3.5"H (5.06 x 8.93 cm); 4" diag (10.2 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 272 x 480 pixels
- Display type: bright, transflective 65k color TFT, dual-orientation touchscreen; sunlight readable
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Weight: 10.2 oz (289 g) with included lithium-ion battery pack; 11.7 oz (333 g) with 3 AA batteries (not included)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion (included) or 3 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life: up to 16 hours (lithium-ion); up to 22 hours (AA batteries)
- Water rating: IPX7
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Interface: high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Camera: yes (8 megapixel with autofocus; automatic geo-tagging)
- Barometric altimeter: Yes
- Electronic compass: Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): Yes
Maps & Memory
- Basemap: Yes
- Preloaded maps: Yes (topographic)
- Ability to add maps: Yes
- Built-in memory: 8 GB
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 4000
- Routes: 200
- Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Geocaching-friendly: Yes (Paperless)
- Custom maps compatible: Yes
- Hunt/fish calendar: Yes
- Sun and moon information: Yes
- Tide tables: Yes (with optional Bluechart)
- Area calculation: Yes
- Picture viewer: Yes
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data) Yes
In the Box – Garmin Montana 810t
- Montana 680t
- Lithium-ion battery pack
- USB cable
- AC charger
- Quickstart Guide